Note: When you create any short-cut, the icon used is actually the one you set in you library manager which you can branded with your own logo. The name of the short-cut is also set to the name of your library.
The apps you can create short-cuts for are:
- Your KwiktactiX control panel
- Your KwiktactiX library app
- Your Interactive Session Planner
This is how they appear on your desktop and mobile/tablet home-screens (as below)
Each browser / device has a different way of creating web app short-cuts. in this tutorial we are creating an app short-cut for our library with Google Chrome. So if you don't use Google Chrome on a PC or Mac then refer to the tutorial for your configuration.
1. Open your library app by clicking "Library" on your library control panel (as below)
Now scroll down to the browser or device you are using
PC/Mac - Google Chrome
2. Press the "3 bars" at the top right hand corner and hover over "More Tools" (as below)
3. Click "Add to taskbar..." to bring up the control applet )as below)
Note: You can now change the name of the short-cut to what require and notice the icon is the logo you set using your library manager (if you set you control panel icon to a jpg then this will be shown on your desktop.
4. Make sure "Open as Window" is checked then click "Add".
5. You will now see your shortcut appear on your taskbar. Now you can add it to your desktop by following the instructions below.
6. Click "Apps" bookmark link in chrome as below:
Note:if you have disabled the apps bookmark short cut in chrome, re-add the bookmark by right clicking the bookmark tool bar and tick the "Show Apps Shortcut". (As below)
7. When you click "Apps" you will be taken to the new Chrome App launcher (as below)
8. Right click on the icon you want to add to your desktop and select "Create short-cuts.." as below:
Simply check "Desktop" to add the icon to your desktop, check "Start Menu" to add the icon to your start menu and then click "Create". (as below)
That's it, you should now have the icon on your desktop or start menu.
Note: Notice that when you launch your new short cut there is no Google chrome interface showing the url etc and the app looks and behaves more like a local application now.
6. You can repeat the process for your Session Planner, Library and KwiktactiX control panel.